Wednesday, 11 January 2012

grateful

I've decided to follow suit and join up with this pretty lady for '52 weeks of Grateful'. I found her via a beautiful friend of mine here on her blog, and I love the whole idea of it. I'm not really someone who goes out of my way to think about things like this, but I love the concept and the thought that it might make me a better person and appreciate all those around me a hell of a lot more that I sometimes do.

So, this week I'm grateful for my garden. Corny, I know. But after Monday, it's beginning to become my life line. It's in need of tender loving care at the moment, but it still supplies me with goodness even when I'm not showing it enough attention. I grew up watching my grandparents grow vegetables. We lived in their old house after they relocated to the coast, but they would drive to our place every day to help my dad out on the farm and tend to the vegie patch that they were growing. It was always huge, and always flourishing. They were both major green thumbs, and I always loved helping. I think it helped grow my love of the garden.

It's cold and windy outside today, but I'm going out there to show it my gratitude by giving it some love.

{strawberries - I don't get many of these as our dog seems to like them a lot}


{the rhubarb is going CRAZY}

{zucchini love}

{i love these apples - in autumn we pick them and eat them straight from the tree - there's nothing else like it}

{the celery is almost ready}

{thyme}

{sage}

Have a wonderful day x







1 comment:

  1. It's lovely to find you here, Lauren. Tahnee is a good soul. x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x