Thursday, 2 February 2012

it's been one of those days


I've just purchased this book in the hope that it might give me back a little sanity & calm. I've had one of those days today.

I worked - which sucks no matter what day it is - but it was also a day I came home to my two oldest girls screaming their heads off at each other. Not about anything in particular. One was in the others' room or something trivial like that. You know how it goes when your 12 & nearly 10! Most of the time I let them sort it out themselves, but today it kept on going.

The first few weeks back at school usually sees them like this {also the last week of each term and the end of the year, but we won't go into that now}. They are tired, emotional, ratty & grumpy. I end up having to yell at them, which I don't like doing, and then they turn it back onto me saying that I hate them because I yell at them. Lose-lose situation. As much as I try to explain to them the reasoning behind my yelling and getting angry, it makes no difference. On days like this, they are sent to their room - mostly for my sanity I have to admit. They can come out for tea, showering & brushing their teeth. That's all. I don't like discipline, that's about as far as I go. My girls are good girls, they just have their moments every now and then - all of us do.

So, now that they are in bed, I am drinking green tea and eating nutella off a spoon {it's so good, but it will make has made me feel seriously sick}. And now I am tired, emotional, ratty & grumpy.

On the up side, tomorrow they will be back to normal after having a good nights sleep and we will be planning what to do on Sunday for Miss E's 10th birthday. I'm off to bake some cupcakes for her to take to school tomorrow. I do love being a mum, even on days like this.

I hope your day was better than mine.

6 comments:

  1. mine wasn't quite as bad as yours.. that was yesterday!! ha. this mothering gig is hard sometimes. and you've got eight years on me! have been thinking about buying that book, some girlfriends have read it and found it enlightening. only problem is trying to make time to actually READ. hope tomorrow is brighter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is actually a cd version of the book. i thought about getting it, but i think i'd rather read it..it might sink in a bit better..i tend to zone out these days when i'm listening to things!! x

      Delete
  2. I had one of those evenings but I knew it was because my big boy was so very overtired, so it made it easier to stay calm with him. I'm working the next four days so I think my husband might have a few of 'those days'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such hard work being a mum sometimes! but thankfully, most of the time things are good here :)

      Delete
  3. It is interesting to read about the scuffles at the other end of the spectrum... ie. not the toddler type run in's. Sometimes I forget that even once the boys are older, they WILL still argue. It is draining enough being a Mama AND working at the best of times, positively stressful when blow up's between the kids come into play.
    The book looks fantastic, I'm sure it will be a lovely read. Hope tomorrow is a better day for all of you :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not sure if it's the age that the girls are, when they argue, it's always loud. thankfully it doesn't happen all that often! i'm hoping the book will be enlightening!! oh, and does the arguing ever stop when you are a sibling? i have one brother, and we still have arguments on occassions!! ;)

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x