Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Tag. You're it!

I've been tagged by the beautiful Amelia over at Mama Muesli bar to play a little game of tag. I feel a little bit special when I get tagged to do something like this - being new to blogging, and, you know, it's just little old me. For someone to even think to tag me, it makes me feel kinda spesh. So thank you Amelia.



Describe yourself in seven words
Funny, home-body, chubby-cheeked, worrier, pushover, loving, self-conscious.

What keeps you up at night?
Worrying. {Or blogging & instagram}. But mostly worrying. {It seems I have this in common with Amelia} I worry about minuscule things. Things that I shouldn't even be worried about. I analyze things way too much and seem to take the bad things that people say on board, and forget about the good. I could list off a million not nice things that people have said to me in the years I have been alive that have just stuck to me like glue. I think that's why I'm a little self-conscious. Occasionally I feel good about myself, but it's rare. I worry about that too. I worry about how I feel about myself and that I might be giving my girls a negative body image. I don't want them worrying about what they look like. They are beautiful. I need to be happy with me, for them. It's a work in progress. I worry that I don't exercise enough, aren't eating the foods that I should be, which in turn makes me eat the food that I shouldn't be - vicious cycle. I always worry that I'm not the best mother that I can be. That I work too much and aren't spending enough time with my beautiful girls. I don't think they notice, but I do. I worry that I don't give my husband enough attention. We are both super busy, and sometimes I feel the only chance we get to talk is when we hop into bed, and even then we are too tired so just end up going to sleep. I could keep going on and on about what I worry about. I'm a good worrier, you know. One of the best.

Who would you like to be?
I would like to be the person on the other side of the worry that I just mentioned. The thing that I want the most is to be happy with myself. I think if I can be happy with myself, then everything will just fall into place. I want to be the mum that all the other kids wish was their mum. I want to be the person my girls come to first when they have a problem, no matter what their age or mine.

What are you wearing right now?
I'm at home, so I have trackies and a t-shirt on right now. As soon as I get home from anywhere, the first thing I do, actually it's the second thing I do {the first is running to the toilet!}, is change into either my trackies or my pj bottoms. So just be warned - you won't find a well dressed person if you just happen to land on my doorstep.

What scares you?
My worst fear involves my children. I rarely let them go anywhere by themselves. I'm scared of someone kidnapping them. I am scared of them going in a car with someone else - what if they have a car accident and they die? My worst fear {or nightmare} would be to bury one of my kids. That would be hell on earth and the thing that scares me more than anything in this world. I know it's a little bit morbid, but spiders and snakes are nothing compared to that.

What are the best and worst things about blogging?
Best: Meeting the wonderful people that are in the blogging world; being able to see a beautiful friend of mine and her gorgeous family whenever she does a post - that's my most favourite thing; being able to show my gorgeous girls and the little life we have as a family of five.
Worst: Feeling like my posts are boring and who on earth would ever want to read them; worrying that I'm not really cut out for it.

What was the last website you visited?
Apart from Mama Muesli bar to get all the deets about this post, it was SouleMama. I have her blog as my home page. It's inspiring in so many ways. It's the blog that I've been reading for the longest.

What is one thing you would like to change about yourself?
I would like to stop being a worrier. I'd like to stop worrying about what people think of me and to just let the bad stuff go. It really drags me down.

Slankets - yes or no?
Umm, no way!

Tell us something about the person who tagged you
Well, I don't know Amelia personally, but when I read her story, I was instantly drawn to her. What an amazing person she is. She also has two of the most adorable children that you could ever set eyes on.

Now the fun part continues. I get to tag five bloggers so they can now share ten things about themselves.*

Tahnee at Milk Please Mum
Ange at Yes, Dear!
Jody at Lemon Rhodes


*this was a bit of a hard task for me {well not the first on the list} but this whole new to blogging, and knowing who has a blog that I'm friends with on instagram...this bit probably took longer than the rest of the post put together!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm loving these games! Did mine yesterday too, thanks to Cherie at A baby called Max. Really is a great way to find out more about each other. Your answer about what scares you is similar to mine - you really have something so precious to lose when you have kids. It's scary.
    Oh - and I too change into my PJs as soon as I'm home! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for letting me know re the pj's! glad i'm not the only one ;) it's such a great way to find out more about each other. i think it's lovely. x

      Delete
  2. Lauren! It breaks my heart to hear you say you rarely feel good about yourself. My God! You are the most amazing person I know! You are enormously generous with your love, you are beautiful beyond measure, you are kind to the core, you ARE the mum that all the other kids wish was their mum! My children ADORE you. If your girls grow up to be anything like you (and they are!) that would be a WONDERFUL thing and something you should be very proud of. You are smart and funny and charming. You radiate warmth and beauty, and you are one of the great blessings in my life. When your Buddhism for Mothers arrives, read the chapter “Worrying about our children”. It had never occurred to me before I read that, to accept the facts that my children will grow bigger and they will become adults and they will die one day. We all do. It’s important to think about that rationally, to be able to move past it and fully enjoy what we have. The book puts it much more eloquently! You are AMAZING! When you worry about what people think about you, are they people that matter in your life? Because everyone I know thinks you’re sik! (i.e. good sik) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love you. thank you. i bawled when i read this because i know that i shouldn't feel like i do, yet it still happens. i'm working on being the other person i was talking about. it *will* happen xxoo

      Delete
  3. Ditto to EVERYTHING Hayley said. I have to say I was quite shocked to hear some of your worries and insecurities. I think you need a new mirror???!?!? I could repeat everything your marvellous SIL said - BUT IN CAPS. JUST TO EMPHASISE HOW AMAZING YOU ARE. AND IF I COULD, I'D MAKE THE CAPS EVEN BIGGER. Just let go beautiful - you have everything - everything that matters, and is important. I don't mean stuff - stuff isn't important, you have all the things that make up a wonderful life - attributes that make up a WONDERFUL person. Be kind to YOU. YOU ARE WONDERFUL xxx {PS - just passed you an award over at mine, so go and have a look at what you need to do x}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and love you too. i'm a work in progress and i'm trying my hardest to *feel* like the person that everyone else sees. xxx
      thank you for the award over at yours. i'm onto it xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. no worries jody. sorry about the double up ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks Lauren! Having read your blog and seeing the pictures of your girls and the wonderful things they do for you, it seems to me that they are very happy and love you so so much, which says you are a wonderful Mum. I hope you can let some of the worry go and be that person on the other side, who you want to be.
    I really enjoy reading your blog and your honesty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you milina. it means a lot for you to write that. i am getting there! it just seems to be how my brain works ;) thank you for taking time to comment x

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x