Monday, 6 February 2012

weekend love

This weekend was a busy one. Our middle daughter turned 10 on Saturday, but we also had a wedding which hubby was a groomsman in. We made Ella's birthday extend over the weekend to compensate for not being with her for the whole day.

Friday night we went out for tea. We went to what some would say is the best restaurant in town. Steak is a must, always cooked to perfection. I always order the 300g eye fillet, medium rare. Melt in your mouth goodness. I rarely eat red meat, but when I do, it has to be cooked properly and not tough. It was gooood.

Saturday morning I cooked pancakes - at the birthday girls request. Plain, nutella & raspberry-white choc pancakes. I only had one. I can't eat too much or I'd be the size of a house!



The girls then headed off with their Mummar (my beautiful mum-in-law) to Beachport to spend the day with their Aunty & gorgeous cousins. Hubby and I then headed off to the wedding. It was a very country-style wedding, but lovely. I hardly knew anyone, so it was a little more challenging for me, sitting on a table with people I didn't know. And because hubby was in the wedding, I didn't even have him for backup! I'm not the kind of person that finds conversation with strangers easy. I'm always slightly envious of people that can just chat away like they are long lost friends. I simply don't know how to do it. It was a very long, late night.



The next morning, we woke up late. I always seem to feel like I have a hangover, even if I don't drink. It's the lack of sleep. It makes me feel sick and faint. I had to push through though.

We had a kitten to adopt


the youngest had a birthday party to attend


and I had to bake a cake for Ella's small birthday get together.











I had planned on doing a rainbow layer cake, {not the recipe that I use, just a link to what it looks like!} which I have made before, but I ran out of time. Instead it became a rainbow marble cake. It was interesting to say the least! Everyone arrived not long after the cake came out of the oven, so we had warm cake for afternoon tea. And it was delicious.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The weeks just seem to be flying by here. I don't think that's a good thing!



1 comment:

  1. I am impressed by that cake! Looks amazing. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x