Monday, 19 March 2012

52 weeks of Grateful :: Peace

I've been playing a bit of catch up with my grateful posts. I think I'm fighting a losing battle. I'm posting now, so that's the main thing. Right??

Saturday night saw two of our three daughters shipped off for a sleepover. They invited themselves over to my mum's house to stay the night. I delivered them right before tea - even better!

{taken on my iPhone whilst driving to mum's. two no-no's happening here, i know. ssshhh}

Mum lives a whole kilometre {roughly} down the road from us. It's a little too convenient. I never abuse how lucky I am though. I don't ask her to have the kids any more than I need. Mostly because she gives me a helping hand during the week while I work. Her time with Ruby is dwindling now though. Mum only has her every second Tuesday as she has kindy every other Tuesday.

I've always felt a bit guilty getting someone to look after my kids. I know I shouldn't, but it's just the way I am. I've never, ever wanted the girls to go to childcare. It just doesn't do it for me. I've always felt better when someone I know looks after them. I'm very lucky that I have my mum and my gorgeous mum-in-law to lend their helping hands. I know that others aren't so lucky to have people helping them out, that's why I don't abuse my wonderful situation.

The girls were being especially loud on Saturday afternoon, so it was good timing. Hubsy was up at 4am that morning, as he usually is during the week and on Saturday mornings. He was tired {and a little grumpy because of it} so when mum said to bring them over, I jumped at the chance. Mostly for his sake. He was in bed by 7pm. {Our Saturday nights rock around here!} When I got home, the house was quiet. Peace & quiet. Bliss.

I love a good quiet night. And even better when I have it all to myself - Hubsy in bed and the eldest on her computer in her room. TV or computer or magazine or book or whatever all to myself.

Could you hear that sigh of relief I let our here on Saturday night? It was wonderful.

Linking up with the gorgeous Bron over at Maxabella loves.... Head on over there to check out everyone else's weekly grateful posts.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I hope it felt like a long night! how's the serenity.. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect evening! Your girls are so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to have family who are there to help you out when you need it and obviously love doing it too. I think a night at home with a magazine sounds like bliss to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like your mum offered at the perfect time. I'm the same in that I never felt that childcare was for me...or for my kids, but with family all three hours away, informal support is hard to get...but when I do, I relish it.
    Thnsks for popping over to my blog too xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x