Monday, 5 March 2012

wedding fever

I'm trying to do a bit of a catch up here. This last week has been crazy busy, my feet are only just touching the ground now. Let's take a look back to last weekend...

My beautiful sister-in-law got married. It was a beautiful, albeit very hot, day.  I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid, and totally honoured that she asked me. I love her dearly and was so excited to be able to share the day with her. She was absolutely stunning.

The temperature rose to nearly 40C, and in a little church filled with close to 170 people, it was even hotter! I was very conscious of the sweat I could feel trickling down my back and my legs, but I really couldn't do anything about it - except hope that no one would notice! I wasn't alone in the sweat department - I think everyone in the church felt hot and sticky. The bride was suffocating under her veil!! One of my Auntys-in-law came up to me after the ceremony and said "I'm not sure whether you noticed, but you had sweat running down your legs.." All I could do was laugh! Hot days like that can only mean one thing - the night was going to be perfect. And it was. The reception was held outside at the grooms parents house. The garden setting was gorgeous. The tables were set in white with jars of jam as the bonbonniere. I managed to take away six jars. The jam is amazing home-made jam.

If you follow me on instagram, you'll have seen these photos before. My brother-in-law used my camera to take some pre-wedding shots, but I wasn't going to be able to lug my camera around anyway, being a bridesmaid and all. Probably not the best look walking down the aisle with a SLR hung around my neck!! You can see a couple of shots he took over at his photo blog - Me & Freddy. He's still waiting on shots he took with his old school film camera. Judging by his previous work, they'll be amazing.









I wish them both all the happiness in the world. They are a perfect match and the only thing I have to say is "Start popping out those gorgeous babies!!!"

4 comments:

  1. They are absolutely gorgeous photos! Who needs an SLR? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. still gorgeous second time round x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding - that dress is divine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bride... and a stunning looking wedding all round. WOW! 40 degrees is crazy. When my best friend got married, the mercury reached 43! We were all literally melting in our clothes. I love a wedding, such happy events xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x