Saturday, 19 May 2012

snapshots of home

I haven't picked up my camera much lately. I've lost my mojo a bit. But, I'm determined to get it back.

While the sun was shining yesterday, I went for a walk out into our paddocks. Armed with my camera & zoom lens, I wanted to get some shots of the new babies that are arriving. We now have four calves, and they are growing at a rate of knots. As soon as they are born, they are up and about, running around with the calves that are already pros at jumping and bouncing around the paddock.

I'm usually worried about walking around in the paddock with these cows {and one rather large bull}. I'm used to much more placid dairy cows. These Murray Grey's are a tad more feisty than what I'd like, but I think they are getting used to me.

I was also practising using my camera in manual. For some reason, my brain just can't seem to get it's head around it, but I also think it's because I don't practise enough. I took these photos in aperture priority mode, which seems to be easier for me rather than having to think about the shutter speed and exposure as well. One baby step at a time here!! These two girls seem to have the hang of it. I'll get there...one day!























Have a lovely weekend x



4 comments:

  1. Wow Lauren, these are really beautiful shots. Well done on achieving such great photos using manual. I'd love to take more time and learn how to capture really professional looking photos... but I'm a bit scared of manual too.
    Looks like you might just have your mojo back xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, what are you talking about?? These photo's are brilliant!!
    Your land is gorgeous and so lush. And yes, you are right, some of those cows do have a bit of feisty look to them. Cows are gorgeous creatures, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your photos, especially the black and white ones. nice cows and land by the way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I just popped over from Shelley's blog. You take beautiful photos – I love seeing the pictures of the countryside, it is a world so far removed from mine.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to leave a comment x